Welcome to the Badlands

All pictures belong to us {unless otherwise stated} and we would appreciate it if you didn't capture, borrow or take any of them. Thank you.

Search the web with Google!

Google

Quote of the month...

"Standing tall is a very admirable thing. There are very few stories in history of heroes who slouched to the rescue. Likewise, most individuals don't look up to people who are drooped over."
from Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra by Obert Skye

my family

Friday, September 28, 2007

Around the Dinner Table

It doesn't take kids long to figure out which parent is more tolerable of manners or the lack thereof. Recently as we sit to dine and Dad is not home yet, Scott has taken to eating with his face, no fork or spoon just diving right in, like a puppy.
M: "Scott, please use your fork. Only puppy dogs eat like that. You're not a puppy."
S: "U-huh, I'm a Scotty dog!"
We all encourage him to eat like a human and use his fork, but to no avail. Then when dinner is over..
S: "I'm just Scott now!"
Troy really stresses about table manners and they are often the normal discussion around our dinner table. I like my kids to use manners and I encourage them to do so, but I think he will eventually want to eat with his utensils, right?! Well, we have been told on the few occasions that we've had the courage to take them out in public, that they are well-behaved. So that is encouraging. I do worry that my photo happiness will encourage bad behavior, though. I really do want to have those funny priceless moments captured for the future ... like when they are parents calling and complaining about their kids not wanting to use a fork. SO right, wrong or indifferent, I present to you our 'Scotty Dog' having dinner!

11 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

That's hysterical.

My son goes around the house pretending to be a rhino.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Holly- A rino that's funny! My older girls were always cheetahs but they ate with their forks! Glad that you got a laugh! :-)

Claremont First Ward said...

Carrie,
Thanks for taking the time to post on my blog. I'm glad you found me. I certainly invite comments, so please feel free to visit often and leave remarks! I've actually visited your blog once before....you had commented on my friend Laura's blog (she has twin girls). I also love to keep with with families with multiples. Will look forward to visiting yours often.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Thanks Angie, I will be back to your too.

Keeley said...

ROFL!!! =D =D Now that'll be a good one to show his fiancee.... =)

crystal said...

This TOTALLY reminds me of that scene in "A Christmas Story" where Ralphie's little brother eats like a piggie. hee hee!

KATE said...

That's good stuff! Right or wrong, I don't know, but my little Sammy doesn't eat much at all. So, I actually encourage him to eat however I can get him to. So, I have a few pictures of him eating just like that! But, he finished his WHOLE bowl!! yay!
fun fun - Kate

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Keeley, Crystal, and Kate- thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. Kids are pretty funny... we'll see how funny they think they were when we share the scrapbook with their dates! :-)

Wendi said...

I'm with Crystal--that's totally the first thing that came to my mind too.

"Show me how the piggies eat!"

So cute to eat like that as a child. No so cute as an adult. Hee hee!

Anonymous said...

That picture is so cute!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

DQ-- Christmas story is a classic!
Lauren-- thanks, kids are funny!