Welcome to the Badlands

All pictures belong to us {unless otherwise stated} and we would appreciate it if you didn't capture, borrow or take any of them. Thank you.

Search the web with Google!

Google

Quote of the month...

"Standing tall is a very admirable thing. There are very few stories in history of heroes who slouched to the rescue. Likewise, most individuals don't look up to people who are drooped over."
from Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra by Obert Skye

my family

Friday, June 20, 2008

Foto-story Friday #3--potty kids


For this weeks Photostory, I chose this telling snapshot of Savanna at about 3 years old. Savanna potty trained fairly easily, she never had an accident once she decided that she was a big girl and for this I was very grateful. She did however, not really know that she needed the potty and would wake up screaming! On this particular afternoon, she had been napping when I heard the tell-tale scream. I rushed in to get her to the potty and she fought me the whole way! Finally, I succeeded in getting her on the potty. I left her to have her privacy. She was yelling and giving me the "what-for" then the noise stopped, so I went to see if she was finished. What I found was a sleeping naked Savanna. She spent the yelling session removing all of her clothing! I couldn't resist the photo {but saved her dignity by tossing her blanket on first}.
Since I'm sharing a potty sleeping stories, I might as well share this one too! I ran to the store for a few needed items for dinner and well, I thought I had left the kids in capable hands....after all their dad was there! Scott took himself to the potty. He still needs a little help wiping and calls for assistance when he's finished. The problem is, that he nearly always whispers that he is finished. This is not easily heard if one is sitting downstairs in the front room with the TV on some Cop show. So poor Scotty was all done and quietly calling for his dad, who didn't even know for sure he was in the bathroom! When I returned, I noticed he was nowhere to be found and asked after his whereabouts. The ever observant dad responded with, "Well, I thought he went to the bathroom, but that was a long time ago." He heads up to the potty and that picture is what he found! He crept downstairs and grabbed the camera to document our other potty sleeper!


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

26 comments:

Working Mum said...

A little more genteel than my daughter who yells "WILL SOMEONE WIPE MY BOTTOM?" at the top of her voice!

Killlashandra said...

Oh the wipe my bottom story is so cute. Although mine finishes and comes running out of the bathroom at top speed declaring someone needs to help. Then when you get him back to the bathroom he bends over like an ostrich sticking his head in he sand and says wipe my butt please. It's hilarious and cute and I haven't a clue how to train him out of this mode. LOL

Your first picture is too cute. She really needed to sleep and kids sure do go to sleep wherever when they need to. :)

Brooke said...

How funny! I guess you'd have to be really tired to fall asleep on the toilet! LOL What a patient little guy to wait so long though! At least he stays on the toilet! I would hear loud yells followed by a child running out of the bathroom if nobody came!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

HA, now that is funny. You MUST show her that shot when she's in high school! :)

We have YET to enter the dreaded toilet training phase, and I'm already SCARED.

Cecily R said...

That is so CLASSIC!! Those trump the sleeping in the high chair pictures by a mile!!

Fantastic!!

Great PSF Carrie! Thanks for playing!

Aaron said...

very cute sis. I just wish Javin would get to the point where we need to help.

Emy5 said...

Funny stories, Carrie.

Scott is a good boy to sit on the toilet for so long, and I have never seen a pic of a SLEEPING child on the potty before. Bless them both!

Are You Serious! said...

♡ That's great!!! Love you stories! :)

Supercool Hotmama said...

Too funny! In high school my parents would frequently find me asleep with my resting on the t.p.
"yeah, Mom, I'm awake."

Anonymous said...

Great stories. Thanks for the laugh!

Wendi said...

Oh my heck--hilarious!

OHmommy said...

So classic!

raising4boys said...

Too Funny! It doesn't look like a very comfortable place to sleep though :)

Carolyn said...

That is hilarious. I've got to say, sleeping on a toilet is a new one for me.

Casey's trio said...

What great pictures and stories to go behind them! Your kids will surely LOVE hearing these stories re-told...wink-wink!

Robyn said...

Great stuff. I always wonder how they fall asleep there.

Wendi said...

Sometimes life is just not fair.
I can't even get my kids to sleep in their own bed.
You can get kids to sleep on the toilet!!!

These look like great "bribe" photos for the dating years!

United Studies said...

LOL!! That is so funny!

Laura said...

Those photo's are SO funny! Priceless. I always joke that a Dad babysitting is there to get them out in a fire anything else is just a bonus. Ha ha.

Really sleeping on the toilet is totally crazy funny.

Crissybug said...

That is probably one of the funniest things I have ever seen! I have many pictures of my kids falling asleep in odd places, but yours truly takes the cake. I honestly laughed out loud!

idahohubers said...

Good laughs! My kids have never fallen asleep in an odd place. They seem to do most of their odd things when they are awake!

Keeley said...

Oh my good gravy! Those pictures are SO cute! =)

latree said...

poor babies!! that would never happen with mine, because we don't use that 'sitting closet'. we use the squat one. and I always accompanied them on their training.

Laurie said...

I love your foto-story Friday's. I loved the house one last week and this weeks was just as great! Sorry I don't get over here more often. Sometimes I just have time to read but not comment. I'm still here though.

Amz said...

OH my goodness! These stories are too funny! Their future spouses will get a kick out of them some day! Glad you captured it on film! Your trip in November sounds so great...I am sure you are very much looking forward to it!

Egghead said...

Too funny that it happened with more than one child. Cute!