Welcome to the Badlands

All pictures belong to us {unless otherwise stated} and we would appreciate it if you didn't capture, borrow or take any of them. Thank you.

Search the web with Google!

Google

Quote of the month...

"Standing tall is a very admirable thing. There are very few stories in history of heroes who slouched to the rescue. Likewise, most individuals don't look up to people who are drooped over."
from Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra by Obert Skye

my family

Sunday, June 15, 2008

52 Weeks of Blessings-- week 24--Fathers

This weeks blessing is: Fathers.
First and foremost, I'm thankful for my Heavenly Father. For without a loving Heavenly Father, we wouldn't be here! I'm so thankful for for His Son and the Plan that gives meaning to this life.
My fatherI'm thankful for the example he is to me and my family. I'm thankful that he honors the priesthood. My dad was a long haul trucker and so the Children's Primary song, Daddy's Homecoming has always been one of my favorites because we were always happy to see him when he came home.
Daddy's Homecoming
I'm so glad when daddy comes home,
Glad as I can be;
Clap my hands and shout for joy,
Then climb upon his knee,
Put my arms around his neck,
Hug him tight like this,
Pat his cheeks, then give him what?
A great big kiss.

When this song is sung on Father's day I invariably think of when I was young and we would sing this when our dad came home from a long haul.
My father-in-law {who is not cool with his picture being on line}. He too honors the priesthood. He is always there when we need something.
The father of my children.
{who hates his picture taken period.} He a good guy, honors the priesthood, works hard to provide for his family loves me and our kids.

11 comments:

Emy5 said...

That is so awesome that you have so many great fathers in your life and respect and love them!

LOL at the pictures of them hiding their faces. I had the hardest time photographing my hubby too!

Pam said...

I love the last pic... Fathers are a great blessing!

Are You Serious! said...

♡ My husband does the SAME thing! Hates his pictures taken!!! :)

Wendi said...

Great post! I have my father's day one partly done, haven't gotten around to finishing it yet.

Debra said...

That is so awesome! You have been very blessed with LOTS of wonderful fathers!

Cecily R said...

What a great post...you have great fathers in your life!!

I didn't even do a Father's Day post...it's cool to do them really really late, right??

raising4boys said...

Great blessing for this week. I love that song too...and so glad you mentioned our Heavenly Father.

Wendi said...

A great blessing indeed.
So glad you are blessed with so many wonderful fathers.

I never finished my Father's Day post... what does that say about me? ugh!

G. Parker said...

Sounds just like my hubby...always hides his face. Got to love the fathers!

Megan said...

I am so thankful for dad too! He is the best daddy in the world!!!

KATE said...

Well said!

and I love that picture!