Welcome to the Badlands

All pictures belong to us {unless otherwise stated} and we would appreciate it if you didn't capture, borrow or take any of them. Thank you.

Search the web with Google!

Google

Quote of the month...

"Standing tall is a very admirable thing. There are very few stories in history of heroes who slouched to the rescue. Likewise, most individuals don't look up to people who are drooped over."
from Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra by Obert Skye

my family

Monday, June 23, 2008

52 Weeks of Blessings- week 25--Priesthood Power

The power of the Priesthood! What a blessing it is to have the priesthood in our home. To have a husband who is worthy to hold and administer its power. To have access to the comfort and blessings that the Lord shares with his children is a great blessing! Yesterday Troy's Grandma had a diabetic sugar drop that put her out for a few. It was in the middle of Gospel doctrine class {the Sunday school class for adults in our church}. One of the ladies {Sister} went to locate Troy and I as he was busy with something and I was teaching in Primary {Sunday school for the 3-11 yr olds}. Another Sister went to find a quick sugar, she found some honey and gave her a couple tablespoons. A third Sister ran down to the nursery and got a juice and crackers. She didn't know who Troy or I were. She was calling Troy his Grandpa and she thought I was his sister. The bishop and another Brother gave her a blessing and the change was almost instant. The bishop again asked her if she knew who he was and she responded with, "Yes, you're the bishop and you're David." She was taken to the hospital and released later on Sunday. She tends to not take care of what and how she eats even though she has had diabetes for many years. It was a bit scary but the comfort and blessings of the Lord through His priesthood were there.
I'm so thankful for my husband and that we have this power in our home. I'm thankful for his faithfulness, for his testimony, for his strength. This week we've been married for 15 years ... on the 25th to be exact. I'm thankful "for all the things we've never done".

All the Things We've Never Done
(Craig Bickhardt/Jeff Pennig)
preformed by Martina McBride

They drank their anniversary glass
A silent moment passed
Then they kissed
She knows there's something on his mind
He'll tell her in due time
What it is

He says "I've never built
Your mansion on a hill
Or warmed you in the Spanish sun
I simply blink my eye
And think as years fly by
Of all the things we've never done"

She smiles and takes his hand in hers
And says "It just occurred
To me now
The thought that brings you such regret
What hasn't happened yet
It makes me proud..."

"You never walked away
When I needed you to stay
Or made me feel I'm not the one
There've been no broken vows
And the reason we're here now
Is all the things we've never done"

"We've never grown apart
You never broke my heart
With secrets that you've kept me from
We've never been untrue
And I'm still here with you
Through all the things we've never done"

9 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

Happy Anniversary.
I have personally been touched through the power of the preisthood and have such a testimony of it. Thanks for sharing!

raising4boys said...

Great blessing! It is a blessing to have the priesthood to heal the sick.

Great song too!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY on Wednesday :)

Cecily R said...

What a great blessing the priesthood is!!

Happy Anniversary you two!!

smithfam said...

Such a wonderful blessing for sure!!
What a fun picture and Happy Anniversery!!!

SuperCoolMom said...

That is a great picture of you two! Happy Anniversary - Awesome Blessing!

idahohubers said...

What a crazy church day! Health scares are just that - scary. It is such a blessing to have priesthood power in our lives. I have been healed and comforted countless times from recieving priesthood blessings and blessings are just one manifestation of the priesthood in our lives. I love the 52 blessings becasue I get so many needed reminders of what life is really about and what to be thankful for!

Are You Serious! said...

♡ Happy Anniversary! Wonderful BLESSING indeed! :)

KATE said...

What a great blessing, you're right I agree!!

Happy Anniversary!

Wendi said...

What a wonderful blessing indeed.
Happy Anniversary you two.
Congratulations!