Welcome to the Badlands

All pictures belong to us {unless otherwise stated} and we would appreciate it if you didn't capture, borrow or take any of them. Thank you.

Search the web with Google!

Google

Quote of the month...

"Standing tall is a very admirable thing. There are very few stories in history of heroes who slouched to the rescue. Likewise, most individuals don't look up to people who are drooped over."
from Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra by Obert Skye

my family

Monday, August 11, 2008

52 Weeks of Blessings- week 32-- Company

The blessing of company-- as in those who are willing to travel to the ends of the earth {the middle of no where} to visit.  My sister and 2 of her kids came to visit on Thursday.  It's been a year since we got together and it is nice to have her company.  The whole family wasn't able to all be in one place this summer because of high gas prices and work schedules.  Because we are the two who live in this state and the rest live in another, she came over for a visit.  We however live the farthest away and she has the opportunity to see the rest of the fam more often. {It's only a 3 hr drive to visit them and an all day drive to come see us. } It's been a great visit, but I think they will be heading home tomorrow.  This weeks blessing is that of having company over! 

11 comments:

Pam said...

I love having people over too!!

SuperCoolMom said...

So good of her to make the trek to see you! Thank goodness for sisters!

Claremont First Ward said...

I think visits are always all the more special when they come just to see you. (rather than fitting you into their vacation)

Are You Serious! said...

♥ What a great blessing! I love having family over! ;)

Are You Serious! said...

and FRIENDS :)

KATE said...

That is a great blessing! You always come up with good ones! Although at the end of this very long summer that was very FULL of visitors sometimes the blessing can be when the company is leaving... (I know I'm HORRIBLE!, SORRY!!) ha ha

latree said...

that's my favorite moment!
my sister and her family just visited me last sunday for a little birthday party just for family. his husband and ibit have the same birthday. you can see some pictures here, http://latree.multiply.com/photos/album/6
well, it is in Indonesian but I hope you can enjoy the pictures, at least.

Vidal's Nest said...

Oh~ I love having company too! My inlwas came at least twice a year but this past year have had health issues. I have missed having them!
Great Blessing!

Wendi said...

oh...good one!
Love family and friends coming over.
Just call first...please!

smithfam said...

Hope you had a great visit!
I loved your post about your firstborn. So fun to go down memory lane. Where does the time go? My oldest is 15?????? This cant be happening?? LOL

Laurie said...

I like having company also. Great blessing. Especially if you live off the beaten path!