Welcome to the Badlands

All pictures belong to us {unless otherwise stated} and we would appreciate it if you didn't capture, borrow or take any of them. Thank you.

Search the web with Google!

Google

Quote of the month...

"Standing tall is a very admirable thing. There are very few stories in history of heroes who slouched to the rescue. Likewise, most individuals don't look up to people who are drooped over."
from Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra by Obert Skye

my family

Monday, July 7, 2008

52 Weeks of Blessings- week 27--Sunday Drives

The past 2 weeks Troy and I have taken a "Sunday drive".  Alone, we've left the kiddos with Grandma and Grandpa and gone for a drive.  It has really been a nice time to spend a few hours together.  We live right next to a state park, it has been fun exploring it, watching the wildlife and enjoying the beauties that surround us.  We take the 4-wheelers on our "Sunday drives" as they are cheaper to tootle around on than our gas guzzlers.  So this week's blessing is Sunday drives and a few hours with my husband.  Since I keep forgetting to bring the camera, I will share a few photos from other trips into the park.

I'm not sure the photos convey the colors and uniqueness of our badlands.

10 comments:

Brooke said...

What a fun place to have so close! It really is beautiful and looks like it would be so fun to explore. What a great "date" activity!

Wendi said...

Wow--pretty photos. How lucky to live next to such natural beauties!

Cindy Price said...

It's very important to have the "alone" time. How fun that you have such a beautiful place to visit!! Great blessing!!

Vidal's Nest said...

Great blessing! I LOVE my alone time with my husband! I am selfish and take it every week!

Shellie said...

That is pretty. Bet you have dinosaur bones too. I'm loving your foto stories and blessings, I just read a whole gob!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

One of the pix has a spine in it..... look hard!

Egghead said...

Great photos and it is such a blessing....the beauty of where you live and the time alone with your hubby.

Wendi said...

What a beautiful blessing indeed.
Sunday drives alone.
I. can. not. relate.
Good for you guys!!!

MaryRuth said...

I"m so impressed that you've kept up with your 52 blessings... great job!!

I got so behind and gave up... but you've inspired me to start it up again!

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

p.s. great blessing!

raising4boys said...

Great blessing! Always rejuvenating to enjoy nature and without the kids a big plus!!