Welcome to the Badlands

All pictures belong to us {unless otherwise stated} and we would appreciate it if you didn't capture, borrow or take any of them. Thank you.

Search the web with Google!

Google

Quote of the month...

"Standing tall is a very admirable thing. There are very few stories in history of heroes who slouched to the rescue. Likewise, most individuals don't look up to people who are drooped over."
from Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra by Obert Skye

my family

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Wii had a wonderful Christmas!

On Christmas Eve, we opened our traditional PJs, read the Christmas story from the Bible, watched a Christmas movie on the Hallmark channel and went to bed anticipating Christmas morning. Well, it looks like Santa came after all. We wait til Christmas Eve to put out all the presents, then it looks way more amazing on Christmas morning. This year Troy and I did not get gifts for the kids since we decided as a family that we would like to take an over night trip to Billings and stay in a hotel/motel with a swimming pool and just spend time as a family. The kids did go shopping for each other {at the dollar store}, the Grandparents got them gifts and so did Nana. They were extremely happy with what they got and equally excited to watch the others open the things they had picked out for them. Here we have the kids with their gifts.
We got some family gifts as wellFrom "Auntie" Laura this cool S'mores maker. We went out last night and got all the stuff to make some, yummy.
I'm sure this was the Favorite gift of all the older kids. It is my favorite :) Once we get an adaptor, we can play with other family members in other states! {My parents got one in their stocking too. 2 brothers and a sisters also have them so we are a Wii playing crazy family!

Shantel got a little digital camera and this picture was taken with it.


Robby got a unique gift from Santa. To lead up to this gift, I must go back and explain. Someone was challenged at church to do random acts of kindness for the family for a week. This person chose to make beds. The beds would be made and then someone would announce that their bed had been made again and Wonder who it was. One of the kids thought it might be Santa. So then a note was found on Robby's bed. It asked for 20$ instead of a made bed. I had scanned the notes, but they are in the TIF format and well I can't change it right now. A return note was given:
Robby-
Sorry Charlie! No dice! You aren't making your bed on a regular basis, so why do you think I would give you $20? This is an act of kindness, a service to you of a nice neat made bed, from someone who loves you. Say “thank you” and be happy someone loves you!
The Bed Maker


Robby then wrote another note and it said:
Ok! Can you tell me who the bed maker is? And for Christmas I want a PSP and a box. Not regrarl box a box full of love!
Signed by you know who!
After you tell you who it is!


So now to Robby's gift

A box of love! It came with this note:
12/24/07
Dear Robby-
It has been made known to me that you think I have been the one making the beds in your house, I am not the one. The beds have been made by someone living in your home who loves you. This person is showing their love for you by doing something kind for you and your family and not expecting to get something for it.
I have also been told that you have a few requests for gifts: a PSP and a box of love. Well, PSPs are very expensive and they require a responsible person to own. I have watched and I know you are having trouble in a few areas, like telling the truth and listening to your parents. Robby, it is really important to listen to your parents and to tell the truth. I don't think that you are yet responsible enough for such an expensive gift. Please work hard on these things. I also know that your brother, Cody, was about 11 when he got a Game Boy Advance for his birthday, maybe when you're 11 you will get something like that.
As for a box of love, Robby, do you know that your parents chose you? They wanted you to stay in the family, they wanted you to be a part of the family for all time. They all love you very much. Look in this box. What do you see? Faces that love you. Would you think of something that you can do for them and not get anything in return? Can you show your love for your family by listening to your parents? By making goo choices? By being nice to your brothers and sisters? Please think before you act, please make good choices and show your love with kindness. Love is what Christmas is all about! God loved us so He sent His Son to earth for us. Love is what Christmas is all about, not presents and not Santa. So, look in this box of love and add more pictures of others you love and who love you.
Your Friend,
Santa

24 comments:

Debra said...

What a great Christmas!!! I LOVE the love box idea.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

We LOVE our s'mores maker. They're so much fun. I love the box full of love. What a great idea to reinforce a principle.

Wendi said...

What a great teaching experience.

We love our wii. We have so much fun together as a family with it.

I got my son those same green striped sleepers for his Christmas eve pj's!

Claremont First Ward said...

Love the s'mores maker. I've never seen one. I was at Costco the week before Christmas in the Customer Service line, and I swear that every other person left the store with a Wii. What fun for you all.

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a great note from Santa. He is very wise!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

hi carrie,
glad you guys had a nice peaceful Christmas together.

thanks for coming by my new bloggy. yep, i was bummed that my original blog died, but i am adjusting, and now i like the new one even better.

good day to ya, kathleen :)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Debra, Holly, DQ, Angie, Lauren and Greatful- Thanks! We're hoping that the Snata letter will encourage better behavior and get him thinking. My mother-in-law and sister both cried when they heard it.
The S'mores maker is WAY cool, we tried it out last night, yummy!
Wii love our our wii! :) Such great family play time and exercise too! :)

Heather said...

A box of love indeed. What a lucky boy.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Heather- Thanks for dropping by. Yes I think he is a lucky boy! Hopefully so does he.

SabrinaT said...

What a wonderful idea for a love box~!~

crystal said...

Oh, I love the Box of Love! And I really admire how you didn't just turn him down cold about the PSP, but gave him things to think about and try harder about. THAT is excellent parenting, my friend! Way to go!

Darla said...

That is beautiful! Funny that we decided this year to make a pj tradition for Christmas Eve too and this year was the first year to do it. We've gotten them pj's a lot of other years and love new pjs for Christmas so decided to start a tradition. Same with the gifts..put em out Christmas Eve for Christmas morning.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Sabrina- Thanks for stopping by. Thanks for liking the love box idea.
Crystal- Thanks, He's almost eight, and we're really tring to get him top understand that choices have consequences. We're hoping something will get through to him.... maybe this. :)
Darla- Troy's parents are the ones who have done the PJ tradition, but I must say it is nice, the kids really love getting new jammies the night before.

Unknown said...

I love the bedmaker idea! It's hilarious that Robby wanted $20 instead of a made bed. Tell Santa his response was perfect.

Happy New Year! May the coming year be more wonderful than the last!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Andrea- I'll let him know! :) Thanks, all the best to you in this new year.

Brooke said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! Love the special box idea!

Steph said...

Good idea! Great letter!
I'm glad you had a good Christmas!
I hope you have a fabulous 2008!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Brooke and Steph- Thanks something had got to work, right?! All the best to you this year!

SuperCoolMom said...

What great parents you are, I would have probably been ticked and just quit making his bed. Your response was perfect. Good Job Mom!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Supercool- Thanks! It was my oldest who was making the beds. But the notes were my idea and I think they are making him think about his choices.

Cecily R said...

Hmmm. That Santa, always thinking.

I really admire the way you handled the situation. It shows a lot of great parenting. I bet that box gets filled everyday.

P.S. I finally figured out why I am so behind. For some reason when I added all my blogs to bloglines yours didn't get added to the list. SInce I am lazy now and rely on it to tell me who has updated I missed out on a bunch of your posts.

Not worry (not like you were WAITING for my comments, I know), you're added and I won't miss again! :)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Cec- I ALWAYS wait for your comments! :D