Welcome to the Badlands

All pictures belong to us {unless otherwise stated} and we would appreciate it if you didn't capture, borrow or take any of them. Thank you.

Search the web with Google!

Google

Quote of the month...

"Standing tall is a very admirable thing. There are very few stories in history of heroes who slouched to the rescue. Likewise, most individuals don't look up to people who are drooped over."
from Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra by Obert Skye

my family

Friday, December 14, 2007

This, That & the Other Thing

Sleepy heads!
Well, we had a great visit with my parents {whom we don't see very often, they are workampers and travel in their RV to different parks and campgrounds to work. They are currently working in the Grand Canyon. My dad is a shuttle bus driver and my mom has been working in retail, but she might drive too.} They got here Sunday afternoon and left this morning around 7. The kids were SO excited to have them for that many days. Grumpa, read books, did word searches & played video games with them. Grammie did crossword puzzles with Cody. They attended the Goodies with Grandparents morning with Savanna & Robby yesterday and the Christmas Concert for grades 1-4 for the WHOLE town {It's not a very big place, but the high school auditorium was packed to standing room only! Sorry, no pictures from the concert, I forgot my camera! :( They did songs from around the world. One song, Children, Go Where I Send Thee, the kids were all dancing, as much as on can while standing on risers, and it was So funny! Robby was is touch with his roots, he was so entertaining! Robby was really singing and dancing! One little 1st grade girl was really 'cutting a rug' , the crowd was laughing their heads off!}. Shantel convinced grammie & Grumpa to come have pictures taken at the church on Wednesday {the Young Women set up the gym with 3 different backdrops for family Christmas photos and the Young Women's president took the pictures. We ordered a family 8x10 for $2.99 and a kids only for $.89! the price was right up my alley! :) I had her take a few with my camera and I took some too.} We played card games and Boggle and watched some Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel. All in all a great visit was had by everyone.
Grumpa with the twins.Robby challenges Grumpa to a race!The kids: Shantel, Scott, Savanna, Robby, EmmaLece & Cody. All smiles, yeah!The cuties! Eventually Scott got tired of all this posing, but he looks pretty cute right here! EmmaLece loved all the pictures, she'd such a GIRL!Another shot of the kids looking happy still.Here we are with Grammie and Grumpa. Cody had left for Young Men's by this time.I tried to get my parents to just do one of the 2 of them, but my mom said I should be in it, so here it is.Good night hugs from the girls!Grumpa and Savanna listen to Robby read.
Grammie and Robby listen to Savanna read.
Cody and Grumpa get in one more game before they head out.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like it was an absolutely wonderful visit! I love the new family photo at the top! :) You have such an awesome family!

Are You Serious! said...

Em's hair is so cute.

I love that you guys call grandpa, grumpa.

Everyone is dressed up so nice...

Love it.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Andrea- It really was a super visit! Thanks it was kinda fun to get them taken! Thanks!
Serious- Thanks! My dad one day years ago when he only had 2 grandkids was a bit grumpy with them and said he was no longer grandpa but GRUMPA! So, it has stuck with some of us anyway. Always nice to have a reason for new clothes! :)

Keeley said...

What great pictures! Love the one of Grumpa playing video games. =) Love your new main pic. =)

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Great pictures! It looks like a fun visit.

Wendi said...

What a great idea for a holiday backdrop, a big "wrapped" present!

crystal said...

What a fun visit! I hate the end of visits--I get all weepy. I LOVE your new picture at the top of your blog!!!

smithfam said...

Love the new family picture!

They are always so dang hard to get taken!

Looks like a great time with the grandparents.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Keeley- Thanks! Yeah Grumpa really likes WII {we don't have one so he had to play playstation. My sister got my parents a WII for Christmas.}
Holly- Thanks, and it was a great visit.
DQ- Yeah, we liked the present drop the best. It was fun.
Crystal- I was just glad that my parents came and stayed and everyone had a good time.
Smithfam- Thanks! Yeah and everyone is always so excited to have them taken {not!} that by the end of it ya need a NAP!

Cecily R said...

What a great time of year for such a fun visit!

Love the new header picture! Your family is adorable!

Cecily R said...

Oh, and Scott's face in the header pic...The. Best. He makes me smile all the time!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Cecily- Yeah, We really enjoyed having them here. They don't visit often and it was perfect that they go to go to those things with the kids! Scott was so mad because he couldn't sit on the hay! Whoever said it was 2 yr olds who threw fits, was wrong! it's 3 yr olds who can REALLY throw a fit! :)

KATE said...

I love the new pictures!! Cute family Carrie!! I still just absolutely LOVE Robbys hair! It is fabulous!!
So cute!!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Thanks! I want Robby to let his hair grow out so it looks like Zero's from Holes! It's fun to play with, but he get annoyed by that. :)

Sherri said...

It looks like you had a great visit. I just love family time!!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Sherri- Yup, it was great. It will probably be 6 months to a year beore we see them again, so we like to soak it all up when we can.