Welcome to the Badlands

All pictures belong to us {unless otherwise stated} and we would appreciate it if you didn't capture, borrow or take any of them. Thank you.

Search the web with Google!

Google

Quote of the month...

"Standing tall is a very admirable thing. There are very few stories in history of heroes who slouched to the rescue. Likewise, most individuals don't look up to people who are drooped over."
from Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra by Obert Skye

my family

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Weekly photo challenge--relationship

"This week's challenge is to photograph a relationship! Find something special between two or more peeps and capture it to the best of your abilities. It should be FUN!! Try to find that exact moment that it registers on their face how much they LOVE or HATE another person...show the times that they play well together or fight amongst each other. :) Any relationship that you want to share is just right!! Anyone out there want to play along? We want to see the relationships around YOU! Show us your best shots!!"

OK, I feel like this was a challenge just for me, I try to avoid the whole take a picture of people.... well, not really I just hate to convince them to "act natural". Nature sits still and waits patiently while I try to figure out just how I want the picture to look, people don't!

This is just who Scott is and just exactly how they all react to him. At the time this was taken, I was trying out my new camera and I just wanted to get a good shot of the kids. I got one where they were all facing the camera, but this one is my favorite.
Today I made these Thing 1 & Things 2 halloween costumes. I thought it might be fun to drag up the pumpkin and try for a few shots of them being natural.... these were the best, they were mostly being silly.
Then we traded the pumpkin for the exercise ball and they did their best to balance!
They might fight and be big pills but these two have a bond ... a twin bond ... that I hope they never loose!
For my how-to on these costumes, click here!

11 comments:

Aaron said...

That first shot is absolutely classic. That's the kind of photo you always hope to get, but can't really plan for. Thanks for sharing.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I love your photos. These are darling. Your family is just beautiful.

Cecily R said...

I'm in LOVE with the first shot!! Seriously, it is perfect!!

Mandy said...

Those are fabulous. I have told you before and I will tell you again, that first shot, wow! LOVE IT! Great job, and love the header, it's new right? Your hubby napping, too funny!

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed your blog! I'm not much of a picture taker--that's my hub's department--but I do love to show pictures with words. Does that count?

Straight to Your Hart said...

Darling pictures..candid many times are the BEST shots!!

raising4boys said...

I love that first picture!! Your Halloween costumes for the twins are great. I love candid shots that capture their true personality. What a fun challenge.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Cute pictures! :)

Debra said...

I SO love that first picture!!!

And the twin bond. I see it with my boys all the time now. They will even give up what they have for their twin, but to no one else.

Brooke said...

Great photos! I especially like the one with all of your kids in a row. Perfect timing!

Jaina said...

I hope they never lose that either. What great shots, and such creative costumes!