Welcome to the Badlands

All pictures belong to us {unless otherwise stated} and we would appreciate it if you didn't capture, borrow or take any of them. Thank you.

Search the web with Google!

Google

Quote of the month...

"Standing tall is a very admirable thing. There are very few stories in history of heroes who slouched to the rescue. Likewise, most individuals don't look up to people who are drooped over."
from Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra by Obert Skye

my family

Monday, January 14, 2008

Pumpkin Doughnuts and Good Mail!

Pumpkin Doughnuts! Yummy

2 eggs, beaten, 1 C. sugar, 2 T. oil, 1/2 C. buttermilk, 1 C. pumpkin puree,
4 C. flour, 2 t. salt, 4 t. baking powder, 1/2 t. baking soda,
1 t. nutmeg, 1 t. cinnamon, 1/4 t. ginger

Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add oil, pumpkin and buttermilk.
Mix dry ingredients together and add to egg mixture. Chill 1 hour.
Turn out on floured surface and roll to 1/2 inch thickness. Use doughnut cutter or biscuit cutter to cut doughnuts.
Deep fry at 375 until brown on one side, flip and brown on the other side. set on paper towel do drain. Coat in powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar. ENJOY!!
Good Mail!!!!
My door bell rang this afternoon, by the time I got to it, the mailman had already gone. He did leave me a package! :) It was addressed to me from my bestest bud, Wendy. {She is not a member of blogdom, because she is extremely busy becoming a PA and taking care of her 3 girls and husband.} Scott and EmmaLece were sure the box was for them and bombarded me with: "What's in the box? Is it for me? Can I see?" When I got it opened, this is what I saw:

A Chocolate Care Package! Everything is dark chocolate, my FAV! I called her straight away to thank her, but she wasn't home yet, so I left a message: "The mailman left me a box from you and that is the BEST present I've ever gotten! Thank you SO much!" She called me when she got home, she said: "I know it's not a year's supply, but maybe you can stretch it out for awhile, like I did with the Squirt." {She moved way far away 3 years ago and they can't buy Squirt there, so for her birthday I sent her a case of Squirt! It cost something like $20 to send to her, but it was worth it when she called me to say she had received a package! :)} She stretched them out for nearly a year! No kiddin! She guarded them with her LIFE! I know this chocolate will not last nearly that long, but I'm so thankful for it! I could just see her in the store picking up this and that with a smile on her face thinking about me! You're the BEST, Wendy!

13 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

My mouth is watering.........

SuperCoolMom said...

Those donuts look so wonderful! I'm going to try your recipe - maybe for FHE next week!

What an awesome friend to send you such a thoughtful care package. Nothin' like good mail to make your day!

Laura said...

What a wonderful friend! It made me want to a little more of those nice surprises for my friends. It means so much to have someone think about you like that. Enjoy!

Are You Serious! said...

How thoughtful are the two of you! :)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

SuperCool- you'll LOVE them! They are so nummy hot! The pkg. totally made my day!
Laura- She is very thoughtful, once she sent me a kitchen care pkg of foil, plastic wrap and it was so funny and made me laugh! :D
Serious- She's the best! She is hoping to get one of her rotations here, then she'll spend a few weeks with me this summer.

Cecily R said...

I love the good mail idea!! What a nice thing to do for a friend!!!

And the doughnuts look yummmmmmy.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Cec- I loved that good mail idea too! :) ummmmm yummy! Try the doughnuts, they are tasty.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Good Mail is always fun, but when it's Chocolate Good Mail, it's even better. What a fun treat.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Holly- I thought of you as I took the pictures for this post. I knew you would appreciate that it was CHOCOLATE! :D

crystal said...

What a SWEET friend! I love dark chocolate too. I need the hard stuff; light chocolate is for lightweights :)

KATE said...

Oh my word, you make homemade bread AND donuts! You ROCK!!

What a fun Good Mail package, & what a great friend! Have fun eating your Dark Chocolate! Yum!!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Kate- We made them as kids for Family night, it's fun, you should try it. I've done it with my family, everyone loves to shake the bag to caot the doughnuts and then ya get to eat em and ... yum!
I sure wouldn't trade friends that send chocolate! :)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Crystal- I agree 100%!:)