Welcome to the Badlands

All pictures belong to us {unless otherwise stated} and we would appreciate it if you didn't capture, borrow or take any of them. Thank you.

Search the web with Google!

Google

Quote of the month...

"Standing tall is a very admirable thing. There are very few stories in history of heroes who slouched to the rescue. Likewise, most individuals don't look up to people who are drooped over."
from Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra by Obert Skye

my family

Thursday, August 30, 2007

still learning and other stuff

So, I'm still learning how to do all this blogging stuff, like adding things, I just figured out how to add a picture to the post! (Ohhhhh I'm so good, like open your eyes and look around and guess what you see... an add image button!)





````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````




I'd like to say a few things about laundry with a big family... I hate to fold would rather do almost anything other than fold all the clean clothes (by myself), so I gave up a few years ago and decided if people in this house want folded clothes, they could do it themselves! I wash and wash and wash the laundry, then it gets piled somewhere in baskets til it drives me or my husband NUTS, then we drag it to the family room and have a folding party. The first few times we did this it resulted in clean clothes strewn around the room looking like a tornado had just struck the inside of the house! Not a pretty sight! We have now got quite the system, I sort out the clean clothes to the rightful owners (well the girls get to fine-tune my sorting --- they are just too close in size for me to tell) and then the folding begins. I'm not too picky about HOW it's folded, just as long as it gets done and put away. I will fold clothes of children under 4 1/2 and I do the towels, sheets and stuff along those lines. Typically, the younger children find this is a good time for playing dress-up.






No comments: